Thursday, May 31, 2007

decision '07

I've been planning on building my own compost bin for quite some time now. Construct my DIY bin, get down with some vermiculture, witness the magic as garbage turns into healthy, fertilized soil and finally start my organic herb garden that I've been dreaming of. I even went to the Home and Garden show amongst all the old white ladies and their gardening visors. This has been a seemingly intangible goal because I know I can never stay and commit to a garden...

Now that my undergraduate career has come to an end, I'm left staring down a diverged road. A part of me wants to settle in the comfort of my hometown, my Bay Area...stay with my folks, commute to school or I'd pick up a full-time job, raise my pups, plant my garden and begin to map out the rest of my adult life. While another half of me wants to pick up and leave - run away to the other side of the country or even the world, start anew, cultivate my knowledge and experience through my travels and not think twice about how ridiciously in debt I'll be once it's over. Now the question that lies before me is this: Where the hell do I go from here?

If only flipping a coin were that simple.

No comments: