Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Resolutions II


Another one of my New Year's resolutions was to live a more sustainable lifestyle. By that I don't mean I'm going to live in a tree, but try my best to reduce my carbon footprint in the world. So with that in mind, I started taking BART and have been walking a lot more. So far my commute has been pleasant especially when you have the whole train to yourself after a long day of work.

I love the cold weather. I guess it balances out the warm-bloodness in me. I love the fog and how glows under a bright streetlight. I love the rain and storms because it smells so fresh the minute after it stops. I love air so cold you can see your breath. I like it when my scarf is wrapped around half my face. Most of all, I love the snow. As I was walking to the BART station from work I could only imagine myself gliding through the powdery surface of the mountain and completing the trail without falling once. Ah, a person can only dream.

I can only hope for great things to come to me this year. After all, it's the year of the rat - that's me!

No comments: